Share on Tumblr Talking about:: Music: The Alternative Bands

Music: The Alternative Bands

Saturday, March 26, 2011
I don't know many bands of alternative rock but certainly they are some of my favorites. There are many new (by new I mean of this century) that had made me become interested in this type of music. 
Liam and Noel Gallagher of Oasis
Now, I guess the first thing I think of when I hear the word alternative band might be obviously Oasis. One of the greatest in my opinion, Oasis is just the synonym of rock band lifestyle but also considered the biggest Brit pop band ever. And well I guess everybody knows very well Wonderwall and always sing it out loud, maybe that's just me. 


Another Alternative band I adore, although considered more of a Brit pop band that an alt-rock band is Coldplay. Yes, the band's lyrics might be a little depressive but they mix it with a certain rhythm that fixes all. I love them mostly for those weird lyrics they have and probably my favorite song is Fix You and The Scientist.   
 

Coldplay at it's 2002 tour A rush of blood to the head

And if we're talking about alternative bands we must talk about one of the 1st popular bands of that type and one that just one a Grammy for Album of the year. Yes of course I'm talking about R.E.M. and Arcade Fire. Not a big fan of R.E.M but I loved several of their songs and mostly I loved Losing my Religion. And what to say about Arcade Fire, they are new to me (although they've been long enough doing music for me to know them already) but that's just what alternative means: having potential to reach a wider audience but not really getting mainstream yet. So I was saying, Arcade Fire are a great band and they might be the ones who carry with this genre and be the successors of such bands as the already mentioned Oasis, Nirvana(although for me it is more grunge), The Cure, R.E.M, The Smiths, etc. 
And well, this is my opinion on alternative bands and i hope I didn't miss something important. I'd appreciate if you can tell me in the comments. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment