Share on Tumblr Talking about:: Movies: 30 Day Film Challenge Part 1

Movies: 30 Day Film Challenge Part 1

Thursday, April 7, 2011
You might have heard of this or maybe you haven't. These are basically some personal choices about movies. A special recognition to Nadine who told me about this thing. As always these are only personal choices. The days are going to be different here. I'll post them in 3 parts but not in days. You can also contribute and tell which movie you would have chosen instead of mines. 

Day 1. Favorite Film. OK this is a very difficult one and I won't be able to choose just one.
So I gotta say. Breakfast at Tiffany's. The Dark Knight. The Social Network. Toy Story. Inception. Casablanca.

  


Day 2. Least favorite film. This is an easy one. Twilight and Saw. I really don't know what people see on this two, specially on Saw since there have been just too many of them. When will it stop!

 

Day 3. Favorite Comedy. Here again I can't choose one. I love Comedies! These are the ones that come to mind: Zoolander, Arthur (1980), Ferris Bueller's Day Off,The Naked Gun, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (although its more of a science-fiction movie, I laughed a lot and I love Michael Cera!!) , Click.


Day 4. Favorite Drama. OK now its serious... I really have a lot of them but must say mostly these 2: Casablanca and The Social Network. 

 
Day 5. Favorite Action. You just can't beat John McClane and Bruce Willis might just be the ultimate awesome hero. A little mention to Willis' Hostage too.


 Day 6. Favorite Horror. This one is easy too. Zombieland might have been scary if I wasn't laughing all the way, but still it's considered horror. Those zombies are actually very real to be a movie but laughs are better than screams. Just look at Jesse's face and you'll be laughing very hard. This one should really be in my Comedies.


Day 7. Favorite Animated Feature. The one and only Toy Story. All of PIXAR's and Disney's actually. 


Day 8. Favorite Thriller. Since I haven't seen too many thrillers I really don't know but maybe I can put these 3, actually the only ones I've seen. Are these considered thrillers? I don't know. Rear Window, The Sixth Sense and When a Stranger calls. 


Day 9. Favorite Musical. I just love Ewan McGregor and my god he sings beautifully. My fave song of this musical might be El Tango de Roxanne, oh dear Ewan is so magnificent singing that song it give me chills always. 

 
Day 10. Favorite foreign film. I haven't seen a lot, but this one is just really incredible. I remember watching it when I was a kid, a little kid and actually I didn't understand it, but nowadays I think is a very inspiring and lovely movie. If you haven't seen La vita  รจ bella you should. 




And with this I finish part 1. I'll post part 2 as soon as I can. What films you would choose? Like these movies? Comments please!

3 comments:

Nadine said...

Wow great choices! Especially Casablanca, I loved that film!
As Arthur (1980) is one of your favourite comedies, have you heard there is a remake of it coming out this year? I might have to watch the original soon! :D
Great choices again :D

D. Caraccioli said...

thank you!! yes I know Arthur is now a remake and I'll see it because its a little bit different than the original..and well its Russell Brand and Helen Mirren I have high hopes...as for Casablanca it was probably the first classic movie I ever saw and yes I loved it too..Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Good, but I'm kinda against using the term "foreign film". Firstly:
A) Why the f*ck should you classify/review/award a film differently just because it was made in a different country or featuring a different language?
B) You are not from the US, so it makes even less sense for you to use the term.

Post a Comment