Share on Tumblr Talking about:: Movies: Rio (2011)

Movies: Rio (2011)

Saturday, April 16, 2011
I told myself I wouldn't review any film in here cause I'm not good reviewing but people need to know that this movie is great. I'm not a professional reviewer and this is just my personal opinion. So enjoy.

 


Directed by: Carlos Saldanha
Starring: Jesse Eisenberg, Anne Hathaway, George Lopez, Jamie Foxx, Will.I.Am and Jemaine Clement.
Runtime: 95 minutes
Plot: When Blu, a domesticated macaw from small-town Minnesota, meets the fiercely independent Jewel, he takes off on an adventure to Rio de Janeiro with this bird of his dreams.


Rio is a great, wonderful and colorful movie. Personally I could give this movie a 4 1/2 stars but to be reasonable I'll give it 4 stars. 
I wanted to see this movie since I saw the trailer, and no its not because of Jesse Eisenberg, but because it seemed like a fun and very colorful movie. And I read some reviews telling that is was good but not as good as I hoped it was. So I had normal hopes on this movie and it really surprised me that anyone didn't like it more cause sincerely this is just a lovely story that has a lot of fun adventure for all people. 
The theme can be a little bit more for grown kids but it goes good with the "I cant fly" plot which is sorta predictable but always great.

I cant comment on the casting since I didn't see it in English, but I think that by seeing the movie you could see that the birds are just bird versions of both Anne Hathaway and Jesse Eisenberg. Blu is such a cute and awkward bird that you just can't stop caring about him.

The visuals are great. Carlos Saldanha was spot on with the colorful city of Rio described in the movie and the description of the people in Rio too. This kinds of movies are the ones that make me want to study Animation and really just after this movie I've made my choice.

The Music
The music in the movie is just like the city, colorful and happy and well it's being produced by one of Brazil's greatest Sergio Mendes ("Mas que nada") and has its bit of hip-hop and pop by the vocals of Will.I.Am and Jamie Foxx. An it's fun and colorful just like this wonderful movie. 

This was my favorite song from the movie. It called "Real in Rio" by the Rio Singers, Jesse Eisenberg, Anne Hathaway, Jamie Foxx and Will.I.Am.

If you haven't seen it go see Rio! I promise you you'll have a great time!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

your review makes me go to see the movie...i trust in this review... :) GBU

Anonymous said...

D. Caraccioli you should wacth and make a review of Scream4...great horror movie ever.

D. Caraccioli said...

thank you both! Well Im not into horror movies and I have yet to see the first 3 movies of Scream so we'll see...and I was afraid that this review wouldn't be convincing but now I know it is! Thanks!

Nadine said...

Ooh wow it sounds great! I really want to see it now, hopefully I can see it this week :D
Brilliant review :D

D. Caraccioli said...

oh thank you Nadine! it's not as good as your reviews but thanks...yes it a very good movie u should see it

Nadine said...

I've just seen Rio, typing up my review right now!
How bad is it I JUST noticed you've used the same stars as me? :') I didn't even notice at first lol!

D. Caraccioli said...

hahaha..yes sorry...I mean I couldn't find other cool stars so I used the first ones I saw, yours..hahaha lol

Post a Comment