Share on Tumblr Talking about:: Movies: Thor (2011)

Movies: Thor (2011)

Saturday, April 30, 2011
Making a little break of the last music posts, here I bring you the All Mighty Review of Thor!

.5 
Director: Kenneth Branagh
Cast: Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Natalie Portman, Anthony Hopkins, Stellan Skarsgård, Kat Dennings, Clark Gregg, and Idris Elba.
Release Date: 6 May 2011 (USA), 29 April 2011
Runtime: 114 minutes
Plot: The powerful but arrogant warrior Thor is cast out of the fantastic realm of Asgard and sent to live amongst humans on Earth, where he soon becomes one of their finest defenders.

Epic Battles from Thor.
Well…I think that with this movie Blockbusters are back! If you’re not a Marvel fan but love mythology and Norse gods you’re going to love this movie. (Hey my mom liked it and she is not into action movies or marvel).
I gotta say that I didn’t expected much of this movie but I think that this one is easily one of the best CBMs (Comic Book Movies) ever and also one of the best movies of this year so far.
I don’t think I should do this review since I didn’t see the very first 10 minutes or less but it’s a good movie and I wanted you too now about this.
Asgard, beautiful for a non existing realm.
I’m not going to spoil it for anyone so I’m just going to say that Thor has some epic battles (although you don’t have to see it in 3D) and the scenery of Asgard is beautiful and has a very well written script with some funny parts and the cast is wonderful. 
I like he's eyes. Why am I attracted to bad boys?
Chris Hemsworth was spot on and I liked that they put him first as an arrogant almost king cause it sounds so Shakespearian and 
learns to be grateful for what he has. Tom 
Hiddleston was also spot on and I gotta say that seeing another actor on that role might have given us a different result that the one Hiddleston gave us. Natalie Portman (beautiful as always) is a great Jane Foster although her character is not as well big per 
 say but it’s very important and Chris and
Natalie’s chemistry was somewhat unexpected (for me at least) (Oh can we ship them already).And well it was Natalie’s wish to make Jane think outside of the box not like the very stereotypical scientist that was written for her part, very skeptical and dry. Everyone is great in this movie even Kat Dennings with her cheesy one liners, hey she was funny.
Again, can we ship them already?

Concerning the controversy of the casting of Idris Elba as Heimdall, just gotta say that the man did an incredible job and it really doesn’t matter if you’re black, white, yellow or a dinosaur we are all persons. And if you’re saying yes but isn’t he a Norse god? Well in the comics there have been Asgardians with East Asian features so the idea of one with black features isn't as outrageous, since it's only one of multiple races among humans and/or Asgardians.

And now I leave you with the Trailer of the All Mighty Movie Thor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment